Re: Phytosanitary Certificates

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Phytosanitary Certificates
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:18:16 -0700 (MST)

Croftway@aol.com wrote:
> Clarence states: << Answer:  It varies from State to State. >>
>
> Thanks for your response Clarence. This is exactly why I am trying to > gather information for as many states as possible, because I realise
> that this is a state matter, not a federal one.

Sorry Graham, but you're not totally correct.  As Sharon once said
"There are no absolutes".

The phytosanitary certificate IS a FEDERAL form, not a state form, and
each state can set their own standards as to how they AUTHORIZE and
DISTRIBUTE the FEDERAL phytosanitary certificate.

In California, it is not even a state matter, it is a COUNTY matter.
Each county in California has their own agricultural commissioner and
they set their own schedules and fees for phytos, etc.

Looks like your job has just been made a lot harder, if you're including
California!  And there may be other large major agricultural producing
states like this??

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California foothills--sunny and beautiful again today,
approaching 70.