CHOCOLATE VANILLA

	I was outside cleaning beds in our glorious sunshiny 70+ weather
and noticed two separate rhizomes of CHOCOLATE VANILLA had rotted over the
winter.  I had the same problem with this two years ago.  Is this another
one like SKOOKUMCHUCH?

	Several of Barry Blyth's seem to succumb over the winter. And,
others are antsy to get started growing before winter is over and
sometimes get zapped by the cold in March.  Does he live in a freeze-free
area of Australia, and could his location-climate be the opposite of mine,
hence the problem I have with tenderness in his irises?  I love the wild
colorations he produces.

	Someone who has been to Australia or knows about the climate where
he hybridizes, please respond.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS