RE: Fruits de Mare

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: Fruits de Mare
  • From: "Barbara Mann" <IrisMaven@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 06:00:23 -0700 (MST)

Keith,  RYC on horse manure carrying tetanus--actually, it's not the manure
per se, but the ground from which you pick it up.  Clostridium tetani spores
are found in soil and therefore on objects in contact with it (my mom was
always certain we were going to step on old rusty nails and contract the
world's fastest case of tetanus).  The moral of the story is, make sure your
tetanus shots are up to date regardless of whether you're working with horse
manure or not.  And don't step on rusty nails.

Barb, in Santa Fe, zone 5, where is was actually warm enough today to do a
little cleanup in the front iris bed.  'Course, it's supposed to snow