RE: Bloom Season

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Barbara Mann wrote:

> Charley, you're going to love your SDBs.  For one, they really extend the
> bloom season, and a lot of them make incredible mounds of color--really much
> more of a landscaping iris than TBs.  My favorites include (but are not
> limited to) BABY BLESSED, JEWEL BABY, PUMPIN' IRON, BAY RUFFLES, LITTLE IDOL,
> THIRD WORLD (yipes--stop me now!)
>
> Barb, in Santa Fe, where the SDB bloom is still a month or so away.

	Barb and others, do you ever have an SDB bloom at its registered
height?  In TX and in MS they rarely top the foliage, maybe 8" is the max.
The only one that grew up out of the foliage was PATACAKE, but I really
think PATACAKE  is an IB because of its height of bloom and lateness in
the SDB season, although, as I remember, it is registered as SDB.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS  70o predicted again today but clouds are rolling
in.  The rain in TX today will be here tonight and tomorrow!