Re: Phytosanitary Certificates

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Phytosanitary Certificates
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 08:45:23 -0700 (MST)

Croftway@aol.com wrote:
> Thanks for the info Rick - perhaps you could let me know your own > personal
> experience of getting certificates in your county

We live in a very rural California county (Mariposa) and we have no
trouble getting the phytos at all here, but have heard major headaches
and nightmares from some of the larger more-populated, more-agricultural
California counties.

Mariposa County, despite being larger than the entire state of Rhode
Island, has only 15,000 people, our largest town (?) Mariposa has 1,600
people, we have NO traffic signals in the entire county, and we are home
to most of Yosemite National Park.

Good luck in your research for information.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California foothills at 1,250 ft. (Zone 8); a gorgeous week
predicted, no rain, and upper 60s and low 70s all week!  Several of the
reblooming-SDBs are beginning to open, such as Little Bluets and Little