Re: SDB favorites

Chad Schroter wrote:
>         I live in the same area (Los Gatos which is on the warm side of zone 9)
> and have had minimal success with the few SDB's I have. There are specific ones
> , some mentioned here on iris-L, which have less of a chill requirement which
> may be worth trying.

To Chad and others in warmer winter areas,

We'd suggest trying some of the SDBs (mostly rebloomers) of John Weiler,
who hybridized them in a very hot climate in California's Central
Valley--Fresno.  These specifically are ones we know of that will do
better in warmer winter areas.  Those of you who are unfamiliar with any
of Dr. Weiler's irises, ask and we will recommend a few of his that we
particularly grow and like.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California foothills--Zone 8
We're watering our fields today, the iris are starting active growth
now--several weeks ago, we were just trying to get the RAIN to stop!!