Re: Wild Garlic in Louisianas

Bill Shear wrote:
> Wild garlic is a very troublesome weed.  I doubt if there are any
> herbicides selective enough to kill it and not also damage or kill the
> irises.  I've managed to control it just by repeated pulling.  If you keep

--  snip  --

I don't know if Roundup would work on the garlic, but when I have a
trouble maker in too close to something to spray with Roundup, I use one
of those "tubes with a little sponge on the end that you use to moisten
postage stamps" (for lack of a better description) filled with a
solution of it. Wear gloves and just wipe the leaves with the sponge.
You can get them in stationery or office supply stores. No overspray or
drift.  Just be careful what you touch afterwards. Maybe a combination
of roundup, then a week or so later tearing its little leaves off.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.