Black Prince

Sharon writes :

<<<< Is BLACK PRINCE an ancestor of CORDELIA, or are these synonyms?

<<< The '39 CL identifies Amos Perry's most famous iris as "BLACK PRINCE, from
<<<descended the DOMINION race".

<<<  If I read Simonet correctly, both BLACK PRINCE and CORDELIA are synonyms
<<< LIBERIA -- but my French is a bit rusty, to say the least.

<<<  Clarence?  Mike?  Larry?

I sort of recall reading something about Black Prince  recently..  I  retraced
my steps (in my mind)  and remembered --
  Take a look on Page 318 (center) of AIS's GARDEN IRISES ( edited by L. F.
Does this shed any light ?  Or does it make things more confusing ?  Must admit
- it is quite a maze if you look up (in the '39  C.L. )  --Dominion - Black
Prince - Cordelia and Liberia.. It 's quite a 'circle' (?)

Sorry I can't be anymore help..

Larry Doucette -  Wilmington, Mass.
USDA 5B -15 F

Who can  also  be found on his own 'Home-Spun'  WEB Page :