Wild Garlic in Kentucky

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Wild Garlic in Kentucky
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:56:15 -0700 (MST)

     I wish to thank those of you who gave suggestions on the control of
Wild Garlic.  Since I am a bit nervous about using Roundup in a flower bed,
I think that I will go with the most basic and prevalent of the
suggestions:  Continue to pull it out.  The stuff grows like a weed during
the spring, but tends to disappear by early or mid summer.
     I am glad to hear that continuously removing the tops will cause the
bulb to eventually deplete itself.  As I continue to clean my plant beds, I
will be fighting Wild Garlic.  However, I now think that it is a manageable
task.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com
Lexington, KY  USA    Cloudy and low 60's today.  Some rain.