Re: Wild Garlic in Louisianas---Roundup

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Wild Garlic in Louisianas---Roundup
  • From: CEMahan@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 18:10:47 -0700 (MST)

<< Why not look upon it as free garlic? I like the greens in salad (we don't
 fertilize or put pesticides on our "lawn"). >>

This is a much better idea than using ROUNDUP anywhere near the Louisiana
irises---if anyone uses ROUNDUP close to these irises even with extreme
caution, you will lose the irises or cause them to become severly
deformed----and you are not likely to kill the garllic (or ivy) using
ROUNDUP. As many people have regreted using ROUNDUP close to irises as have
rued having a hangover.  (Well, almost!) :) Clarence Mahan in VA