Re: Bloom Season

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Bloom Season
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 20:29:31 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 19 Feb 97, Walter Moores wrote:

> 	Barb and others, do you ever have an SDB bloom at its registered
> height?  In TX and in MS they rarely top the foliage, maybe 8" is the
> The only one that grew up out of the foliage was PATACAKE, but I really
> think PATACAKE  is an IB because of its height of bloom and lateness in
> the SDB season, although, as I remember, it is registered as SDB.
	Here in northern Utah most SDBs tend to bloom close to registration height
and bloom clear of the foliage. The only exceptions I've had have been some
bred in the Oklahoma-Texas area.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
"This is the Place" - Sunny, temp around 40F; everybody's snow has melted
except mine