Re: Wild Garlic in Louisianas

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Wild Garlic in Louisianas
  • From: Croftway@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 02:50:22 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 19/02/97  19:11:44, John says:

<<
 I don't know if Roundup would work on the garlic, but when I have a
 trouble maker in too close to something to spray with Roundup, I use one
 of those "tubes with a little sponge on the end that you use to moisten
 postage stamps" (for lack of a better description) filled with a
 solution of it. Wear gloves and just wipe the leaves with the sponge.
 You can get them in stationery or office supply stores. No overspray or
 drift.  Just be careful what you touch afterwards. Maybe a combination
 of roundup, then a week or so later tearing its little leaves off.

There is a product available over here - weed gloves. Essentially a glove
with a sponge pad on the palm that is impregnated with herbicide. You go to
the plant amongst all you treasures, grab hold of it with the glove on, and
run your hand up the leaves and stems to give it a good coating. Very safe
and effective.
Is anything similar available in other countries?

Graham Spencer
Croftway Nursery, UK
croftway@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/croftway/