Re: Wild Garlic in Louisianas

At 07:25 PM 2/19/97 +0000, Judy wrote:
>That idea about using Roundup in a postage stamper was great. Here is
>another mode of application; put on a latex glove, then pull over a
>cotton glove, dip your gloved hand in the Roundup, grip the base of the
>weed, and pull upwards. I've also sometimes just worked with
>a 1" paint brush.

Another method of isolating the Roundup spray is to use a litre
soda bottle with the bottom removed - put it over the offending plant
and spray into the bottle. You may have to make a hole in the side
of the bottle (in that case, keep the cap on it) and spray into that
hole.

But I also agree with Celia - perhaps the best way to tame wild
garlic is to use it in salads!

Carol Blais