Re: off subject- Banana slugs

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: off subject- Banana slugs
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:53:44 -0700 (MST)

Karin asks:

>Has anyone on this list used ducks or geese to keep
>slugs and snails down? How are they as garden residents?

We had geese in our home garden when I was a child. What they didn't kill
by tearing at it with their sharp bills they ruined with their wild
stomping. I think this is why duck and goose wallows around lakes are mud
wallows. Chickens, now, chickens are better, provided you don't keep too

storey@aristotle.net USDA Zone 7b, where things are sprouting ... including
the fungal rots!
Little Rock, AR   annual rainfall 49+inches
average relative humity at 6 a.m. year-round, 84%