Re: Off topic: highway 66

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Off topic: highway 66
  • From: Tom Tadfor Little <telp@rt66.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:23:34 -0700 (MST)

:     I wish to ask it the "rt66" part of the Iris-L address was inspired by
:U.S. 66.  Back in June 1977, I got see a part of U.S. 66;  The Road To

Yes. "Route 66" is the name of my internet service provider. They're
located in Albuquerque, which was one of the stops on the old highway. I
guess they thought the name mixed a little nostalgic Americana into the
"information superhighway" metaphor.

Cheers, Tom.

Tom Tadfor Little                   telp@Rt66.com
Iris-L list owner * USDA zone 5/6 * AIS region 23
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)
Telperion Productions  http://www.rt66.com/~telp/