Re:Kentucky Rot v. Tennessee Rot

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:Kentucky Rot v. Tennessee Rot
  • From: lynn.woosley@juno.com (Lynn W Woosley)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:59:23 -0700 (MST)

Linda Mann writes:

>>Let's hope it's the same for you in Georgia.  Do you have good clay
>>there also?

I have red clay soil topped by 0 - 4 inches of black dirt and/or leaf
mould.  Most of my new iris beds are planted in full sun or mostly sunny
(lightly shaded) areas, although I am trying a few miniature bulbous iris
under my deck.

>>Were many of those iris you had in Tennessee older varieties?

Mostly older varieties, mainly of unknown origin.  A few newer ones,

Lynn Woosley
Marietta, GA, USA
USDA Zone 7/8