Would someone please be kind enough to relate the saga of PALTEC
(Dennis,1928)? I understand that this is a cross of Iris tectorum and the
bearded iris EDINA (Lemon,1840), and I have been told that tectorum was the
pod parent. I also understand that similar crosses involving tectorum have
been successful, but the plants do not persist. I would like to know who
effected the initial cross, and under what conditions, and if it is known
which tectorum was used. I would also be interested in suggestions as to
likely bearded candidates for crossing if one was interested in trying again.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA
Henry Hall         henryanner@aol.com