Re: missing web pages - a bit off topic

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: missing web pages - a bit off topic
  • From: zebra@isomedia.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:27:57 -0700 (MST)

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

        David Lovegrove writes:
>Clarence reported not finding my web pages. I've had a bunch of people
>check them out with no problem, so I'm leaning toward it being an AOL
>problem. Any input from others would be appreciated. Thanks much....

I had no problem logging on to your web page (looks nice, by the way), but
I use a direct ISP (Internet Service Provider). I have had similar
complaints from AOL users about the AIS Web Site. They are not able to view
the changes made for up to a week or so after I have made them. This is
because AOL does not provide a direct link to the internet. Rather, it
filters its connection through a proxy server. I do not know all the
technical details, but it does cause a significant delay in the WWW data
accessible to AOL users. There is nothing you can do about this. If AOL
users try again in about a week, they should be able to access your web
page just fine.

Scott Aitken
<zebra@chcs.com>
AIS web page:  http://www.isomedia.com/homes/AIS