Re: x 'Paltec'

I've always understood this to be a pallida and tectorum hybrid (hence the
name Paltec).
However, the 39 CL definitely gives the cross as tectorum x EDINA, raised and
introduce by Denis of France.
Edina was raised by Lemon in 1840. The 39 CL gives it as obsolete. No
information is given about the parents.

I grow this plant and enjoy it, although I find the flowers to be a little
too flimsy to withstand the sharp showers that can attacked the earlier
blooming irises. I'd be interested to know what you find out about it, Anner.

Graham Spencer
Croftway Nursery, Barnham, Sussex, UK
croftway@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/croftway/