Re: weed control among irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: weed control among irises
  • From: Croftway@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:36:28 -0700 (MST)

In a message dated 21/02/97  16:20:40, Judy asks:

<<  have 2 questions about weed control. Does anyone know if it is safe to
 use a preemergent, like Dacthal, in an iris bed?  Also, I am thinking of
 broadcasting the white Dutch clover in the iris bed for suppression of
 weedy grasses. Has anyone ever tried this, or see any reason not to
 do it?  Many thanks, Judy Sylvester zone 5

Dacthal is OK, but trial it first on something that you don't care about as
soil conditions can alter the results of using pre-emergents over crops.
Can't say about the dutch clover - this is something I've never contemplated.

Graham Spencer
Croftway Nursery, Barnham, Sussex, UK