Transplanting ?'s

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Transplanting ?'s
  • From: Robert O Forsha <rforsha@twd.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 17:59:57 -0700 (MST)

Lurking  Alert  !!
I came out of lurking to ask several questions of the group.

1.  I live in zone 5 and would like to move some overgrown (common) iris
to another location before summer.  I realize that the best time to
transplant is summer to early fall, but they are in the way.  If I move
them will they bloom this year and or survive ?

2. Do you need a nursery license to sell cut iris flowers ?

3. Lastly before I lurk again.  Are there any given favorites in TB or
most popular iris to grow in this area ??

Shelocta, PA zone 5   broke a record from 1930 today with a high of 74