Re: weed control among irises

We have used Surflan as a preemergent to control weeds and have had no
bad effects.  I have used 2 tablespoons of the orange liquid per gallon of
water in a
sprinking can and the orange coloring it gives to the drenched ground lets
you know
where you have covered.  It has not affected daylilies(hermocallis) either
along with
species iris and other  plants in our garden.  I have also used Fertilome
"over the top"
for control of narrow blade grasses from creeping into our iris and daylily
beds, but it
has to be repeated about every month .  The application of Surflan lasts
approx 1 yr
here in Colorado.  Warren Wiekhorst, Colorado Springs Co.  WWiekhorst@aol.com