Re: Transplanting ?'s

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Transplanting ?'s
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:41:45 -0700 (MST)

Robert O Forsha wrote:

> 1.  I live in zone 5 and would like to move some overgrown (common) iris
> to another location before summer.  I realize that the best time to
> transplant is summer to early fall, but they are in the way.  If I move
> them will they bloom this year and or survive ?
>

> Shelocta, PA zone 5   broke a record from 1930 today with a high of 74
> degs.

Robert,

If you must move your iris at this time, try to move the entire root
structure.  Have a hole ready of about equal size in the new location.
Doing it this way, they should not "miss a beat".

On my way to the National Convention of the AIS which was held York in
1995 I stayed at a motel near you in Indiana (Pa).

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8