Re: Exporting from US to UK and other EU nations

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Exporting from US to UK and other EU nations
  • From: Z88KEYS@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:55:19 -0700 (MST)

Graham:  I no longer do shipping, but when I did as recently as two years
ago,  we had to pay a fee for phytosanitary certificates here in North
Carolina. We used to get the garden inspected each spring, free of charge,
and that may still obtain, but one is obliged to pay a yearly fee to be on
the list of nurserymen, - or should it be nurseryers?  I used the mail
service. I note that UPS (United Parcel Service)  now sends to Canada, and I
half expect them to announce oversea service sometime.  One has to be careful
with UPS  to send shipments no later than Wednesday, because they leave
parcels in trucks over the long weekend, and temperatures inside can reach
 150 F, so that plants are "cooked".  This is little enough to tell you, but
hope it adds to a larger picture.  Lloyd Zurbrigg,  Durham, NC .USA