Re: weed control among irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: weed control among irises
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 23:22:48 -0700 (MST)

Rick Tasco says:
It can be sprayed right
over the top of the iris, but they must be rooted and in a growing
state.  Of course, surflan doesn't kill weeds that are already there, so
the area must be weeded first.  Surflan requires 1/2 inch of water to
seal and activate (this 1/2 inch of water must come within 21 days of
application).
--
Rick,
	At what time of the year do you consider your iris in a growing state?