reply iris and oriental lily

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997 LYNNPEDER@aol.com wrote:

> I am considering putting in iris in my oriental lily bed to add some early

> Would iris do well in this area?

Lynn: I couldn't tell from your address or your signature where your
garden is (hint...) But, in my locale, I would absolutely not choose to
plant these 2 together. Each of those plants is the prima materia of
its own bed in my yard.  This arrangement, I somehow feel, will not do
justice to oriental lilies in particular.  Perhaps the whole ecology of
your yard is different. Judy Sylvester zone 5