Re: new to this list...

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: new to this list...
  • From: "Robert L. Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 15:21:08 -0700 (MST)

Hi Heather,
I too found iris-L after trading with Donald Mosser!  I have mostly bearded
irises, but through a few trades this past year I have a start of several
other kinds.  I keep taking a bit more of my husband's vegetable garden
(he's noticed that the irises are creeping further south on nearly a daily
basis!)  I hope to get my list completed soon (I've been planning to start
on it since fall), though every free minute I get from my high school
counseling job, I'm outside, weeding and digging.  I love daylilies, roses,
and most any other kind of perennial I can get to grow here in the middle of
Texas.  We're inundated with daffodils right now -- I've got to divide them
this year!

If you are interested in adding some of my named tall bearded irises (and/or
some of the old, unnamed ones) to your collection, I'd love to get in line
for extras of any kind you may have later on.  E-mail me if you'd like my
list of irises and other plants that will be seeking new homes later on this
spring or summer.

Glad to have you on iris-L.  I've enjoyed having a mailbox FULL of messages
this winter, and I've learned a lot.  Some days I transfer more to the
"keep" file than I delete!

Patricia Roberson, in Goldthwaite, Texas, where I THOUGHT it was spring in
December and now I wonder if it will EVER get here!  We had so much rain
last week that all county roads were closed due to high water, and I was
afraid for a few hours that we'd be stuck at school with all those kids!