thistles and white clover

As Joyce reminded us at the pot luck while looking at pictures of artichokes
amongst the iris photos, they are thistle relatives and edible, so who knows,
maybe the flowers of the prickly kind are edible too.

My experience with white clover is that it is a dreadful smothering weed
which spreads by stolons and is impossible to get rid of.  In my garden, it
would be a very bad choice for an iris bed.  Don't know about other climates
and soils.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA