Re: Region 7 potluck

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Region 7 potluck
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 06:12:18 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997 LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> Just made it back from our winter potluck at Henry Horton.  (Hi Dorothy,
> Julie, Walter, and Joyce).
> I learned that arilbreds do really well in region 7 growing in chert beds
> (all those rock fragments in my garden are a type of rock called chert).  So
> this may be a new specialty for me.
> Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA
	Alas!  I met four iris-l cyber friends at Horton State Park, TN
over the week-end at the Region 7 Pot-Luck.

	Linda Mann, Julie Allen, Joyce Reynolds, and Dorothy Fingerhood
were there.  We had a good time Friday night getting acquainted.  Dorothy
had come all the way from up-state NY and was enjoying the Southern
Hospitality and warmth.

	It was 'officially' announced by Phil Williams and Ron Mullin that
an organizational meeting for a TB society will be held the first week-end
in May in OKC at the Region 22 Spring Tour.  If you are interested, check
with these two pronto for a reservation.

	About eighty attended this meeting which ended all too soon!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS