Re: Iris tectorum variegatum/Spanish Iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris tectorum variegatum/Spanish Iris
  • From: Paul and Heather Bruhn <plb123@psu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:54:23 -0700 (MST)

Heather Bruhn here--

I ordered that Spanish Iris from Van Bourgundien Bros and wondered why it
didn't look like the photo...now I know!

I'm glad others have had good luck with Van Bourgundien, but I have not
had the greatest of dealings with them.  Unfortunately when I tried to
return a plant I ended up paying the postage and having a run-in with a
VERY RUDE service dept. worker.  I should say, however that the bulbs I
purchased from them were of high quality, even though the "mixed color"
I. reticulatas came out all one color! (I had those replaced, so the
moment of truth is this Spring).

Heather
plb123@psu.edu