Re: new to this list...

> 16 months - both tiny little flats with no garden. Our new home (we've been
> here just 8 weeks) has a nice big balcony (it's on the first floor) and we

Translating from the British:  the American "first floor" is typically
the ground floor, and the British "first floor" is typically the floor
above the ground floor, or what we would call "second floor" -- of
course, all weird designations of floors based on buildings with parking
garages and built on sloping sites are up for grabs.  An American would
have a ground-level "patio" or "porch" on the first floor.
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@austx.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
*or* amyr@mpd.tandem.com
Jill O. *Trades, Mistress O. {}