    A few on this list already know this from postings on the Dahlia-net,
but others here don't know it. During the last 2 weeks I've moved from
the quesithut I had been living in for almost 4 years. Myself and my
mother now live in a true house, and we're paying less rent too.

    As all of my TBI were in pots I just moved them as is, I had to dig
up my LAI's and I hope that the way I've got them planted will not kill
them. I took a tray that's about 1ft deep, I covered the bottem 2 inch
with the clay soil that's under the big mango tree, I then added a layer
of Alffa that had soaked overnight, I then covered that layer with more
soil and placed the LAI's on that and covered their roots with more soil.

    In the meantime, the 1st night here, someone saw all my pots and
dumped about 6 of my TBI out of the pots and took off with the pots! ( to
grow POT in the Pots!), I found the plants the next day, so I've got them
in a tub that I can give them a bit of water to keep them alive until the
1st of the month so I can but some more pots.

    My walking Iris are all doing just fine, in fact, sunday I found a
seed pod on one of them! had turned brown and opened on the end, there's
two more seed pods on the same stem that I'll have to watch.

    I got a catalog for Dahlias from Ferncliff Gardens, they also have
some TBI too, one picture is of a black one named 'Night Ruler', very
nice Iris too.

    I know this is off topic but I can't help myself, in the booklet
named 'Dahlias of Today 1997' on page 51 there is a photo of this
everloving Dahliaman!

    Well this is all for now.

Dahliaman in Makaha!

.. Yoshimune 8th Shogun