RE: Sawdust

Dana, sawdust is wonderful stuff if it's composted, but it requires a good
amount of nitrogen (read manure) to get it done.  What I think it's even
better for is for using on paths or driveways--eventually it forms a nice
duff.  Just don't put it on or in your garden soil uncomposted--it will suck
all the nitrogen out of the soil, leaving nothing for the poor struggling
plants.

Barb, in Santa Fe, where when it isn't dry, it's muddy, so anything on the
paths is a vast improvement.

IrisMaven@msn.com