Re: Thistles

Thistles.
            Seems to be quite a lot of email on that subject, I will add my
little bit.
As a boy I worked on a farm in North Devon, England, that was in the time
of farm horses, one of my jobs
when the corn was on the way up was to cut the thistles just below the
ground, the tool I used was an   end cutting blade on the end of a wooden
shaft, come harvesting time it was my own fault if I got thistles in my
hands when loading the sheaves, the fields in that part of Devon were small
but in my eyes at that age they seemed never ending.
Arthur.
:
: Patricia Wenham writes (Sunday, 23 Feb 97):
:
: > I have two suggestions for you to try when attempting to eradicate
: > thistles.  See your county extension agent.  They will give you
: > suggestions for various ways to eliminate them.