Re: Transplanting ?'s

Robert O Forsha wrote:

> Lurking  Alert  !!
> I came out of lurking to ask several questions of the group.
>
> 1.  I live in zone 5 and would like to move some overgrown (common) iris
> to another location before summer.  I realize that the best time to
> transplant is summer to early fall, but they are in the way.  If I move
> them will they bloom this year and or survive ?

Depending on whether you can move them as a big clump not disturbing the
root ball very much or not, they may or may not bloom. They will
probably survive

> 2. Do you need a nursery license to sell cut iris flowers ?

Probably a business license of some sort, but it varies city to city,
state to state. Check with your local government

> 3. Lastly before I lurk again.  Are there any given favorites in TB or
> most popular iris to grow in this area ??

Best bet is to check with local growers & iris clubs, find out what
grows well in your area. Next best, watch the list and pick out people
that live in a similar environment and see what comments they make.

> Shelocta, PA

I grew up outside Philadelphia, where is Shelocta

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.