Re: winter

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: winter
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:24:54 -0700 (MST)

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:
> gcsnyd@loop.com said
> >    AIS Region 15 (about 5% of TBs in bloom now)
> Accckkkk.  Iris envy.  It is windy, cold, and heading towards 20o again after
> highs near 70.  Guess what that does to irises here.
> Tell us what's blooming that you especially like and I will pretend it's May.
> Linda  Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee USA

I like them all. Harbinger is a large version of the plain old purples
my parents grew in Cincinnati.

I like the bright orange of Hindenburg, and the yellow and red of Whoop
'Em Up.

I like the haunting darkness of Hello Darkness, Superstition, and Ebony

But my favorite is Mesmerizer, which is palest violet when it opens
in cool weather, rapidly fading to the white it usually is, with
fantastic flounces.

Lady Friend will be blooming in a day or so--a real Dykes-class iris in
my book.
gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles