Re: burrowing rhizomes

Hi Celia:
I don't know if you have received an answer yet, since I have not read my
mail for a couple of days.

I do not dig my  rhizomes at this time of the year, unless all the fans are
rotten.  I use my fingers to clear the dirt from around the fans and check
for rot. If I find rot I clean it up, and I give it a bath with 1 part of
Clorox to 9 parts of water.  The sun and air do the rest most of the time. I
do dig them up after bloom and clean the soil.

Cheers,

Elena Laborde in Santa Cruz, CA