Re: Correction re. C.G. White program

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Correction re. C.G. White program
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:22:36 -0700 (MST)

>In cleaning out files to release some disc space, I ran across an old
>message in
>which I had oversimplified Tom Wilkes' conclusions about C.G. White's
>program to
>develop fertile arilbreds -- so much so that I feel I left entirely the wrong
>impression.  Must have been while TTL was out of the country, 'cause I can't
>believe he actually let me get away with it!  Anyway, I suspect no one noticed
>(or cared?), but I do want to apologize and set the record straight by
>a few more details:

Sharon, thank you for your exacting attention to detail. I understand not
even half of the information you provide the list, but I study it *all* and
archive a lot, on the theory that if you throw enough paint at a blank wall
sooner or later it starts to stick. One thing I already understand: We're
all darn lucky to have access to the products of your diligence.

storey@aristotle.net  USDA Zone 7b
Little Rock, Arkansas
more than 200 frost-free growing days
49+ inches average annual rainfall
average relative humidity at 6 a.m. year-round 84%