recent postings

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: recent postings
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:51:36 -0700 (MST)

Someone said "I don"t doctor sick plants".  I loved that!

Clarence Mahan expressed English specs for iris and concurred.  I really
loved that!
Last fall at a daylily society meeting we had a breeder of  daylilies who
expressed similar sentiments for that species.  Exact words expressed the
regret  of tampering with the "tough old bird" qualities of daylilies.

Signing with zone and weather info is of enormous interest to me.  Please
continue this form of closing.  I always check the writer of an article and
adjust my thinking about the content if I can know his location.  Gardeners
in cold country have to dismiss (admittedly with some envy) quite a bit of
wisdom from below (for me) NYC.

We may have less plant disease.  I am astonished at the number of messages on
"rot".  I have never had an iris rot.  I do not have many TB's and not any
modern ones.  Discovering hardy and persistent older blooming clumps on old
properties is a pleasure I discovered from a HIPS member in our club.

Hearing "you've got mail" is a source of joy.

Claire Peplowski
zone 5/4, sunny cold and 2 months from spring