Re: good fungicide

Paul and Heather Bruhn wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a good fungicide that would work on peonies and iris?
> Jack Norrick suggested applying something (I forgot what it is!) in Spring
> to prevent dark spots on leaves.
> Heather Bruhn
> Paul L. Bruhn            plb123@psu.edu            Heather McCune Bruhn
> Pennsylvania, zone 5 (almost zone 6 but not quite!)
> If you have multiple copies of this message, blame the mailserver here at
> Penn State!

Benlate(Benoyml) is the best if you can get it.  They pulled it here in
California for ornamentals.  Don't know the situation in PA.  Daconil
2787 is good, and I think it should be available, and also a product
called Fore. If your spraying for leafspot on iris, cut the brown tips
before you spray and alternate fungicides so the fungus will not become

Rick Tasco
Central California
Zone 8