Re: Edith Wolford

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Edith Wolford
  • From: plb123@psu.edu (Paul and Heather Bruhn)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:11:44 -0700 (MST)

Patti Wenham <prw@televar.com> wrote:

> I have purchased her and purchased her--and purchased her.  She is one of
>the very few iris I am unable to keep alive in my garden.  She has never
>had more than one stem and never more than 3 blossoms on that stem.  She
>sings her siren song again this year and I am thinking about starting an
>Edith Wolford Anonomys group to get support that will keep me from
>throwing more good money after bad.

Maybe later this year I will be able to weigh in with news from Central
Pennsylvania (border of zones 5 and 6 but I personally say 5): my next door
neighbor just got a clump, so we'll se how she does...

Heather Bruhn

Paul L. Bruhn            plb123@psu.edu            Heather McCune Bruhn
Pennsylvania, zone 5 (almost zone 6 but not quite!)
If you have multiple copies of this message, blame the mailserver here at
Penn State!