Re: Edith Wolford

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Edith Wolford
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:56:21 -0700 (MST)

Heather Bruhn writes (25 Feb 97):

----------

> Patti Wenham wrote:
>
> > I have purchased her and purchased her(i.e., EDITH WOLFORD)--and
purchased her.  She is one of
> >the very few iris I am unable to keep alive in my garden.  She has never

> >had more than one stem and never more than 3 blossoms on that stem.  She

> >sings her siren song again this year and I am thinking about starting an

> >Edith Wolford Anonomys group to get support that will keep me from
> >throwing more good money after bad.

Heather adds:
> Maybe later this year I will be able to weigh in with news from Central
> Pennsylvania (border of zones 5 and 6 but I personally say 5): my next
door
> neighbor just got a clump, so we'll se how she does...

I already have good news from Pennsylvania, and its name is EARTH SONG
(Evelyn Kegerise, 93), a daughter of E>W> in the same color dress, but a
much superior performer here and with, to my eye, more pleasing form, too.
After comparing these two for a couple of years, I dug up all that remained
of my EDITH WOLFORD - which languished here year after year, but never
expired - and took it to the local rhizome sale last year.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
cwalters@cache.net