Re: What is Beautiful?

<<  I thought I knew that EDITH WOLFORD was pretty. And now you
 tell me she's not pretty? >>

Sir Francis Bacon wrote: "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some
strangeness in the proportion."   What is beautiful is certainly in your eye
and your eye only.  One thing that the AIS Judges Handbook does NOT do is set
standards for beauty.  To end with another quote, this one from Dr. Johnson:
"Rules may obviate faults, but can never confer beauty."  Clarence Mahan in
VA