Re: Edith Wolford

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Edith Wolford
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:25:58 -0700 (MST)

>My Edith Wolford is lovely! She grows right outside the front door, stands
>up nice and straight, and blooms nearly every year. Don't despair!
>Kathy

Once again we see how easily a gabby novice's imprecise language foments
misunderstanding. I had not intended to defend EDITH WOLFORD so much as to
express dismay at my own ignorance. Alas, I am an ignorant, ignorant
person.

For all I know EDITH WOLFORD is a tramp and a slattern. I have never
personally encountered her growing in a garden! The only time I ever saw
her in person was at our local competitive show, one bloomstalk in a glass
of water. For what it's worth, I no longer want her at my house.

celia
storey@aristotle.net  USDA Zone 7b
Little Rock, Arkansas