Re: Edith Wolford

Celia eloquently said:

>For all I know EDITH WOLFORD is a tramp and a slattern. I have never
>personally encountered her growing in a garden! The only time I ever saw
>her in person was at our local competitive show, one bloomstalk in a glass
>of water. For what it's worth, I no longer want her at my house.
Gee, remind me not to tick this woman off!!!  Well, I dont live too far, in
humid, flooding east Texas, but that trashy EDITH did splendidly for me last
year.  My only problem is that I dont have the expertise of Sharon,
Clarence, Ian, and Graham and Rick...  if I get it to bloom and it dont
croak, it must be a nice iris.  I listen to the discussion of "branching,
and stalk length and flower position" and I'm kinda overwhelmed.  (happens a
lot tho, so dont give up on me yet!)

I guess since I dont grow for shows and stuff, as a simple "floweraholic"
who has moved on to the insanity of orchids even, GASP!!!, that the trashy
dame can stay.  She is partially purple, so it fits in my garden.  This
spring is going to be one of wonderment, I have bulbs popping up that I have
NO IDEA what they are or when/what I planted them.  I KNOW, MAP IT!!!  Gee,
like I find time to map anything these days...  Anyway, the irises are going
great guns and I'm not sure what is where, so it will be an adventure to see
what comes up!  I like surprises better than organization, I fear :^D

I'm not dead, I've just been lurking, watching all the information go by.
Glad you are all posting with great stuff to learn from.  Sharon, I may come
see you next month, flying at Ft. Sumner again.

Zone 8, East Texas
Sharon A. Ruck,  the herb and Harley Davidson lady