Re: what is I. biglumis?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: what is I. biglumis?
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:43:38 -0700 (MST)

Heather Bruhn asks (26 Feb 97):

> I was looking through the Miller's Manor catalog (address for them
follows!)
> and found I. biglumis for $2.00.    So....I. biglumis anyone?  What is
it, what conditions does it like, etc.

Iris biglumis is an obsolete synonym for Iris lactea.

In "Iris of China" James Waddick indicates that I. lactea is of easy
culture in any soil, hardy to zone 3 with no special requirements. Grow in
full sun in a soil that is not waterlogged.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
cwalters@cache.net
"This is the Place" - might even be able to grow I. lactea here