Herbicides That Are Safe for Iris Beds

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Herbicides That Are Safe for Iris Beds
  • From: "Albert F. Limberg" <campconn@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:43:09 -0700 (MST)

I cultivate iris that my wife, a professional watercolorist, uses as painting subjects.

Our beds are infested with grasses that I am forever trying to keep out of the beds.
What herbicides are safe for use in iris beds and can be purchased in California.  One
breeder recommends VANTAGE, but I have been monumentally unsuccessful at locating this
product in Concord, CA.

I am open to ideas and alternatives.

Thank you.

Albert F. Limberg