Coffee, Tea, and Iris (was: Iris in Russia)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Coffee, Tea, and Iris (was: Iris in Russia)
  • From: Kathleen Shinners <kathy@laraby.tiac.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 05:33:38 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Nicki Shay wrote:

> 	  I cannot wait  each year for the weather to warm up, pour
> myself a cup of coffee, and head outside to sit on a little bench and
> stare at each new flower that opens. They are almost mystical to me.  I
> think they are lovlier than orchids.
As soon as ALPINE LAKE shows buds, I'm out there every morning with my
first cup of tea (which I share with Rose, the greenhouse cat, who loves
tea and coffee) to see what's opening that day. Sometimes I like to sit
between the beds when the TB's are in bloom, so the flowers are about eye
level. The angle of the early sunshine, and any remaining dew make for a
different world from that vantage point.

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
zone 5

raining today. At least it doesn't snow this year.