Re: what is I. biglumis?

A second for Graham's motion on I. lactea.  I have it here grown from SIGNA
seed and it is almost unkillable.  I moved some clumps to the crest of a
sterile quartzite ridge at the top of the drive and it seems to be thriving
there.  It also produces the occaisional fall bloom!  I even get  a modest
amount of bloom on some plants in partial shade.  It's so easy and quick
from seed that it seems a shame to pay for a plant.  It's always on the
SIGNA list.

Best wishes, Bill
William A. Shear
Department of Biology