Re: Reply, Poast as herbicide

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Reply, Poast as herbicide
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:01:13 -0700 (MST)

Judy Sylvester writes (27 Feb 97):

> I have heard about Poast, and been unable to find it. Would someone who
> uses it be willing to bring their container to the computer and send us a

> complete chemical composition, and the address of the manufacturer?
> Those of us who have a problem with tall grasses are desperate! Thank
you!

I trudged out to the garden shed and retrieved the Poast bottle, which
reveals that the active ingredient is (take a deep breath)
2-[1-(ethoxylmino)-5-[2-(ethylthio) propyl]-3-hydroxy-2-2cyclohexen-1-one
(Graham: a name like that ought to be enough to get it banned in Britain).

The manufacturer is listed as Voluntary Purchasing Groups, Inc. of Bonham
TX 75148.

I bought it for about $17 per pint at the local farm & garden store.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
cwalters@cache.net
"This is the Place" - Temp 30f and snowing hard